The first step in choosing a medicare advantage plans tucson az is to compare quotes from different insurance companies. provides access to Medicare Part C plans from leading insurance companies. You can get a quote for plans available in your area from various providers through a licensed agent. You can even add prescription drugs to compare Medicare Advantage premiums for plans that include Part D coverage
When can I enroll?
You can enroll in Medicare Advantage during:
• Your Initial Coverage Election Period (ICEP).
• Annual Election Period (AEP).
• Special Election Period (SEP).
Initial Coverage Election Period (ICEP).
This is the 7-month period that begins 3 months before your initial entitlement to Part A and Part B (usually your 65th birthday month).
During this time, you can elect to have just Original Medicare (Parts A and B) or add extra coverage with a Medicare Advantage or Medigap plan.
Annual Election Period (AEP).
AEP runs from Oct. 15– Dec. 7 each year, and is generally the one time of year you can make changes to your plan. If you don’t already have a Medicare Advantage plan, you can choose to enroll in one during this time. If you are currently enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan, you can choose a different plan. If you do decide to make changes, your coverage is effective on Jan. 1.
Special Election Period (SEP).
These are periods of time outside of the ICEP or AEP when an individual can change his or her current plan. Some examples are:.
• If you move outside the plan’s service area.
• If you are enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid.
• If you qualify for low-income subsidy.
• If you lose creditable drug coverage from your employer.
• If your plan is no longer offered.
• If your plan is terminated by Medicare.
• Medicare Advantage got its start in 1995. The federal government created it as a way to give people more options. Private health insurance companies sell Medicare Advantage plans. The federal government regulates them.
• Before we get into how Medicare Advantage is different from Original Medicare, let’s look at how it’s the same. All Medicare Advantage plans have to offer at least the same benefits as Medicare Parts A and B. That means if Original Medicare covers hospital care at a certain level, so will every Medicare Advantage plan on the market.
• But the benefit of Medicare Advantage plans is that they offer more coverage than Original Medicare. Here are three key ways in which Medicare Advantage gives you more than Original Medicare.